Relationship Health Assessment
and 2 Day Marathon via ZOOM
Thank you for reaching out for more information on what Trish Purnell-Webb offers in regards to Couples Therapy.
Trish is a Clinical Psychologist and a Certified Gottman Marital Therapist and Advanced Clinical Trainer for the Gottman Institute and I am Kylie, her Executive Assistant. I will be happy to help you access Trish’s services.
You can find out more about Trish personally and her expertise on her website www.trishpurnell-webb.com.au
Please note that Trish conducts her services via ZOOM only.
Trish offers Relationship Support through a 4 step approach.
Intensive marathon couples therapy is an increasingly popular and successful way for couples experiencing couple distress to stabilise their relationship and begin to re-design, re-imagine and re-build a better more satisfying and happier life together.
The approach consists of 4 phases:
Phase 1 - ASSESSMENT
Phase 2 - 2 day MARATHON
Phase 3 - INTEGRATION - as needed
Phase 4 - RELAPSE - as needed
Phase 1 - ASSESSMENT
A thorough assessment is conducted to ensure that the therapist has a deep understanding of your particular circumstances and individual needs. It includes:
• Both partners complete an online "Love Lab" experience which involves completing the Gottman Connect questionnaire and engaging in two baseline conversations - an events of the week conversation and a conflict conversation. This data will be thoroughly analysed and you will receive a report that highlights both the strengths and the challenges in your relationship;
• Both partners will join Trish for a 1 hour relationship history interview to help her understand how your relationship has developed over time and to fully understand your current difficulties;
• Each partner will attend a 1 hour individual consultation with Trish so she can learn about you and your particular needs;
• Both partners will attend a 1 hour feedback and goal setting session with Trish where you will work together collaboratively to establish the best options for you moving forward;
• You will be provided via email with a range of options and recommendations that will best meet your on-going needs. These may include ongoing therapy with Trish, engaging in in-person therapy with someone else, attending a couples workshop and/or a couple's coaching program.
Phase 2 - 2 DAY MARATHON
If it is determined that an online intensive approach is likely to be helpful and you wish to proceed, you will be scheduled for 2 full day intensive therapeutic sessions (8am to 4pm) generally one week apart. The focus of these sessions will be to help you learn how to move out of painful gridlocked escalated conflict, repair old unprocessed hurts and misunderstandings and move towards a relationship that feels more understanding, connected and attuned.
At this point you will most likely have developed a range of new relationship skills and ideas for how to keep working on your relationship. We will together discuss your progress and any ongoing needs for additional follow-up appointments as you move into Phase 3.
Phase 3 - INTEGRATION
Now is the time to spend time working together at home to ensure you can consistently put your new skills, strategies and behaviours into action. Generally speaking, most couples will continue to engage in fortnightly 1 or 2 hour follow-up appointments for a few weeks to ensure they are able to consistently utilise the skills, strategies, and ideas that have been learned.
Phase 4 - RELAPSE PREVENTION
At this point most couples feel confident to continue their re-building on their own and our research has indicated that continuing with monthly check in appointments for a few months are important in guarding against relapse. These are then faded out to 3 monthly and perhaps 6 monthly (just like your dental check ups) until you feel confident you have all the skills to continue to deepen and strengthen your relationship on-goingly.
The assessment phase - $2000 (this is paid at the time of booking)
The intensive therapy phase - approx $5000 (paid after your Assessment)
The integration phase - approx. $1000 (pay only if and as you need)
The relapse prevention phase - approx. $600 (pay only if and as you need)
For more information please email email@example.com